The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Tooth imperfections such as chips, cracks and gaps can make you self-conscious of your smile. Severe discoloration and crooked or overcrowded teeth may make you avoid smiling altogether and hide behind a tight-lipped grin. Porcelain veneers are a simple and easy option to repair cosmetic tooth flaws at Pearce Dental Group in Cincinnati.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
This cosmetic dentistry procedure involves thin shells made of porcelain that provide the same brilliant shine as your natural teeth. The veneers are made to match the contour and shade of your adjacent teeth for a natural appearance that improves the aesthetic appeal of your smile. Made with medical-grade porcelain, veneers are bonded to your tooth after minimal enamel reduction and provide the same shine as your given teeth. Porcelain veneers that are correctly cared for can last up to 20 years or longer and are often used on the front four to eight teeth for a flawless smile.
Porcelain veneers have many benefits, including:
- Permanently whiten teeth that are severely stained or discolored and don’t respond to teeth whitening treatments.
- Fix chipped, short or otherwise misshapen teeth effectively.
- Veneers correct tooth flaws in a minimally invasive way with little to no anesthesia required.
- Porcelain veneers offer a less time-consuming option for straighter teeth than orthodontics such as Invisalign.
- The durable and stain-resistant material offers long-lasting results.
- Easily maintain your veneers with no special care required outside of brushing twice a day, flossing daily and regular dental cleanings.
- Strengthen the integrity of teeth that have lost enamel due to vigorous brushing, acidic foods, acid reflux and other issues.
- Eliminate tooth sensitivity to hot and cold foods and beverages with porcelain shells.
- Porcelain veneers can be combined with teeth whitening treatments for a “smile makeover” that renews a bright smile.
Our dentists also offer composite resin veneers that are more temporary (lasting five to seven years) than porcelain veneers, not to mention less expensive. The tooth-colored material is bonded to the tooth to address imperfections, and the process is reversible. Composite resin veneers are completed in a single visit, while porcelain veneers require a follow-up appointment after they’re created in our world-class lab.
Contact Pearce Dental Group About Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a great way to eliminate cosmetic flaws with your teeth. Contact Dr. Troy Pearce, Dr. Jim Simpson or Dr. Sheri Crawford in Cincinnati to learn more about your cosmetic dentistry options. Schedule your appointment at Pearce Dental Group today by calling (513) 651-0110.